Erasing all content and settings will delete all of the data from your device, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and anything else. All device settings are restored to their factory condition. If you erased your old iPhone 6 to make room but sadly found that you have some important messages that can’t be deleted, in this case, how can you recover the lost message after you erased your iPhone 6?
General speaking, when you delete data from your iPhone 6, it isn’t gone forever immediately, but only becomes invisible and can be overwritten by any new data. As to erasing iPhone 6, it’s a little hard, because the data might have been overwritten during the restoring. It sounds impossible to recover the message from iPhone 6 after erasing all the data. Actually, there is still a chance. All you need is an iPhone data recovery tool.
You can try Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS for Mac. When you have iTunes/iCloud backups on Mac, it can export all the lost data, including message from the backups. If you don’t have backups at all, it can help you recover the lost message from iPhone 6 directly. (review)
How to recover the lost message after erased all the data on iPhone 6?
Method 1: Recover lost message from iPhone 6 directly
1. Run the program and choose “Recover from iOS Device”.
2. Click “Start Scan” to deeply scan your data on iPhone 6.
3. When the scan stops, you can preview and selectively recover any item you want from the scan result to your computer. It’s can be done in one click.
Note: In this way, it not only can recover the lost message but also can recover contacts, notes, reminder, call history, WhatsApp history, calendar, FB Message from iPhone 6 directly without backups.
Method 2: Recover lost message of iPhone 6 from iTunes backup
1. Launch the program and choose “Recover from iTunes Backup”.
2. Choose the backup file from the list displayed by Dr.Fone, and click “Start Scan” to get it extracted.
3. Once the scan process ends, you can preview and selectively recover any item you want from the scan result to Mac.
Note: In this way, you can not only recover data existing in the iTunes backup, but also recover those deleted data, which can’t be restored directly from iTunes to your iPhone 6.
Method 3: Recover lost message of iPhone 6 from iCloud backup
1. Run the program and choose “Recover from iCloud Backup”.
2. Log in your iCloud account. Choose the backup file you want to download and extract it.
3. Check the backup content and tick to recover the item you want to your Mac.
Note: It’s totally safe to log in your iCloud account and download the backup file. Dr.Fone won’t keep any record of your information and data. The downloaded file is only saved on your own Mac and you’re the only one to access.
You can choose any recovery mode to get the lost message back to your iPhone 6 according to your situation.