Can I watch MKV movies on iPhone 6S? I just purchased the new iPhone 6S, and I have many videos and movies that are in MKV format, now I want to put MKV files on iPhone 6S for playback. But I can put MKV movies to iPhone 6S but the iPhone can’t play the videos. Why? Doesn’t iPhone 6S support MKV format? Which formats does iPhone 6S support for movies? Can you help me? What’s the best way to transfer and play MKV files on iPhone 6S?
We know that iPhone 6S is a great device to play HD or UHD videos, however, iPhone 6S is friendly with .mp4, .m4v or .mov video formats, not including .mkv video files. If you want to play MKV movies on iPhone 6S, you can install VLC for iPhone 6S which is designed to play various kinds of video files including MKV on iPhone, iPod, iPad. Otherwise, what you can do is to convert MKV to iPhone 6S supported video format for playing.
Best MKV to iPhone 6S Converter – Convert MKV to MP4/MOV/M4V for iPhone 6S
Here, I strongly recommend Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate <other choices> which is proved to be the best MKV to iPhone 6S that enables users to convert MKV to iPhone 6S compatible format with excellent video quality. What’s more, this MKV to iPhone 6S converter offers the preset output for iPhone, so you can directly select your own iPhone model like iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 6.
This ideal MKV to iPhone 6S Converter can easily helps to:
- Convert MKV to iPhone 6S supported MP4, MOV, M4V preserving original HD quality.
- Convert MKV to iPhone 6S optimized preset equipped with most compatible A/V specs.
- Convert MKV to all iPhone models like iPhone 6s Plus/6s/iPhone 6 plus/iPhone 6/iPhone 5/iPhone 5s/iPhone 5c/iPhone 4/iPhone 4s, etc.
- Convert MKV to other Apple products like iPad, iPod, iTunes, QuickTime, Apple TV, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, iDVD, etc.
- Convert other video formats like AVI, AVCHD, DV, VOB, FLV, M2TS, MTS, WMV, etc. to iPhone, iPad, iPod.
- Edit video files like trim or crop, merge or split, add subtitles, add special effects to video images, add watermark, select audio channel, etc.
- Support batch conversion.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Guide to Convert MKV to Phone 6S
Step 1: Add MKV files
Click “File” button or simply drag and drop MKV files to this MKV to iPhone 6S Converter. Please notice that you can add and convert multiple MKV files at one time.
Step 2. Choose iPhone 6S video format
This app contains an optimized presetting for iPhone 6S. You just need to go to Format -> iPhone -> iPhone 6 Plus H.264 Full Screen/Full HD 1080P(*.mp4) which is also suitable for iPhone 6 plus, or select “iPhone 6 H.264 Full HD 1080P(*.mp4)” which is OK for your iPhone 6S.
Tip: Before the conversion, you can click “Edit” button to edit your videos by cropping, trimming, adding watermarks, etc.
Step 5. Start converting MKV to iPhone 6S
Click the red “Convert” to start converting MKV import to MP4 for iPhone 6S.
After conversion, you can click “Open output folder” to quick location converted videos and sync the converted MKV files to iPhone 6s via iTunes. The last thing is to enjoy now.
Tip: If your MKV contains more than one subtitle and audio tracks and you want to convert MKV to iPhone 6s keeping multiple audio tracks, you can try to use Pavtube ByteCopy and choose “Multi-track MP4 (*.mp4)” from “Multi-track Video”.