libdvdcss (or libdvdcss2 in some repositories) is a free and open source software library for accessing and unscrambling DVDs encrypted with the Content Scramble System (CSS). Together with media player software and DVD rippers, such as VLC and HandBrake, libdvdcss helps read and decrypt DVDs of different regions or encrypted with CSS. After that you can play protected DVD easily. In this article you can learn how to install HandBrake libdvdcss on macOS Sierra.
How to Install Handbrake 1.0.0 libdvd.css.pkg on macOS Sierra
1. Click to visit: http://download.videolan.org.
2. In the new window, click on libdvdcss then last/ then the appropriate operating system for your computer (Here we choose MacOSX). On the resulting page, click on libdvdcss.pkg to download it.
3. Double-click on the resulting file.
4. In the resulting install window, click continue to begin the process, make sure to select your hard drive as the install location, and continue to click continue until the install process is finished.
Now you can rip DVD with HandBrake on macOS Sierra easily. But the point is that there are many other kinds of DVD copy protections besides CSS, such as Sony ArccOS, UOPs, and Disney X-project DRM. If you are trying to rip Inside Out DVD with HandBrake libdvdcss, there might be a “HandBrake won’t rip” problem, due to its up to 98 fake titles. If you feel like downloading installing HandBrake libdvdcss Mac is a little bit annoying and just want a much more professional and easy-to-use HandBrake alternative, use Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac.
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is a professional DVD ripper. It can remove DVD encryption including CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc without installing libdvdcss by yourselves. Besides, Pavtube BDMagic also can convert DVD to various formats like MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, FLV, WMV etc for any usages. This best Handbrake alternative also provides you many formats for many devices like iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Game Console, VR, TV, video editors, etc. It also is a good tool to backup files from standard DVDs to MKV container format with lossless quality, preserving all audio tracks, subtitles tracks, chapter information and original videos. More than lossless output, Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is possible to decrypt DVD and Blu-ray to MP4/MOV/AVI with multiple subtitle/audio tracks.
Free download this best DVD ripper for Mac
If you are a Windows user, you can go to read this Windows guide.
Guide to Rip DVDs on macOS Sierra with Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac
1. After successful installation, click the “Load file(s)” to browse disc drive and import your DVD into this app. Or add DVD folder, or ISO file into it.
2. Choose your desire format like MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV etc from Common Video or HD Video. Or directly choose your devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, QuickTime, APple TV, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc. You also can entire copy DVD with the “entire copy disc” button at the top of the interface to fully copy DVD to a folder with all the info.
3. Click the “Convert” button on the main interface and the software will start to convert DVD to video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click “Open” to find the converted video files.
Any Product-related email@example.com