Nowadays we can watch paid or free movies with the help of internet video on demand services. Among them, Amazon Instant Video is a well-known one which offers television shows and films for rental and purchase, and is free to customers with an Amazon Prime subscription. If you got one of Surface Pro 2 tablet, how to download and add Amazon Instant Video?
Here in this article, we’ll focus on how to download Amazon Instant Video for Surface Pro 2 for movies/TV shows streaming and downloading.
Amazon Instant Videos are still protected by DRM restrictions. This is to stop you from enjoy these files on non-Amazon supported devices, including Surface Pro 2 tablet. So the first thing is to figure out how to remove this DRM protection and then you will be able to convert Amazon to Surface Pro 2. To get the work done, a DRM converter is needed.
Here Pavtube ChewTune, a top DRM Video Converter is highly recommended to help you convert protected Amazon WMV to DRM-free MP4 for playing on Surface Pro 2. With it, you can effortlessly make your Amazon WMV videos playable on Surface Pro 2 in just a few mouse clicks in Windows XP/7/8/8.1/Vista. Meanwhile the quality of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. You can also use the program to remove DRM from iTunes m4v videos and Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copies for playback with your Surface Pro 2 and more other Android and Windows tablets. (Read the review for you)
Wondering how? Now just download it and check out the step-by-step instruction below and get your Amazon videos onto Surface Pro 2 for enjoying.
Part I: Download Amazon Instant Video
1. Go to Amazon Instant Video: Watch Anywhere, find your device and click to get started.
Tips: Android users must get by with two apps: the Amazon app and the Amazon Instant Video app. Find and download Amazon Instant Video from Amazon app.
Amazon Instant Video in App Store is only available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users. iOS 5 or later is required.
2. Open the detail page, sign in and then select Get Now.
Please note: Amazon Instant Video is not the same as Amazon Prime Instant Video. The former is available both to Prime members as well as non-subscribers, while the latter is available only to Prime subscribers.
3. After downloading Amazon Instant Video, you should register your device to one Amazon account.
Part II: How to Convert Amazon WMV videos to play on Surface Pro 2
1. After downloading, install and run the DRM Converter for Surface Pro 2. Then Click “Add video” or “Add from folder” tab to load your Amazon WMV files that you’ve download onto your hard drive. You can also just drag and drop the video file to the program. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.
2. Choose the output video format and output folder. Click “Format” bar and move mouse to “Windows” column, you can easily find the profile of “Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)” The output videos could fit on Surface Pro 2 perfectly.
Tips: If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Remember the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means itrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
3. When all settings are done, click Start to begin removing DRM protection from Amazon WMV and convert WMV to MP4.
After the conversion, click Open to get the converted DRM-free videos directly. Then transfer them to your Surface Pro 2. So there you have it. Pretty simple! In this way, you can enjoy Amazon WMV movies on Surface Pro 2 without DRM restrictions.
Note: The conversion time may be very long if your videos are large. It’s highly recommended that you convert the files while you don’t need to use your computer.