This article aims to help you quick transfer your 720p/1080p mkv video to BlackBerry Torch 9800 with best settings.
BlackBerry Torch 9800 is a Smartphone aimed at business. It has convenient business and powerful multimedia functions. What’s more, the BlackBerry Torch 9800 combines physical QWERTY keyboards with a sliding multi-touch screen, and runs on BlackBerry OS 6. The BlackBerry Torch 9800 looks similar to the existing BlackBerry devices, but has a sliding keyboard with a bigger, 3.2 inch 480*360 screen with high resolution.
As is known to all that only a certain type of video formats can be played on BlackBerry mobile phones such as AVI, MP4, WMV… Besides, there are lots of other formats (VOB, TiVo, MPG, etc.) that BlackBerry Torch does not support. Then what if you want to enjoy MKV videos on your BlackBerry Torch 9800 effortlessly? Get frustrated? Here you’ll find the best explanation and solution.
To make 720p/1080p mkv movie work on BlackBerry Torch 9800, the best solution is to convert mkv to BlackBerry Torch 9800 most preferred video formats: H.264 mp4. Here we’d like to recommend this Video Converter for BlackBerry Torch 9800, a professional and easy-to-use converter which can easily finish this task within a few clicks and keep the best video quality. Here is an example to show you how to transfer MKV videos to BlackBerry Torch 9800 for smoothly playback.
Free Download BlackBerry Torch 9800 Video Converter for Windows or Mac users:
Converting MKV to MP4 videos for BlackBerry Torch 9800
1. Install and launch the Video Converter tool on your PC, click “Add Video” or “Add from folder” to import your source materials in .mkv format. Besides MKV, you can also load FLV, AVI, WMV, VOB, TiVo, MPG, MOV, etc. files to the program. The software supports batch conversion so that you can also add several files to convert at one time.
2. Click “Format” bar, you can choose a profile for general Android devices which is compatible with BlackBerry Torch 9800 as well. Follow “Android > Android Phones 720P Video (*.mp4)” or “Android Phones 1080P Video(*.mp4 )”. This format shrinks a 100min movie down to 1-2GB and still keeps good quality and aspect ratio.
Or choose “Format > BlackBerry > BlackBerry Playbook HD 720p(*.mp4)“. The preset is specially designed for Playbook but the output videos could fit on BlackBerry Torch 9800 perfectly and supplies full-screen playback.
3. Start the conversion from MKV to MP4 video for BlackBerry Torch 9800.
4. After the process, transfer the videos to your BlackBerry Torch 9800 Phone.
So there you have it. Pretty simple! In this way, you can effortlessly play 1080p/720p MKV videos on BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone as you like.
1. If you are not satisfied with the default settings, click the “Settings” button, you can change the settings by yourself. You can change the video size (pix), bitrate, audio channels, etc. Just remember the file size mainly depends on the bitrate, which means the higher bitrate you set, the bigger size you get. According my experience, the 720p and with 1500~2000kbps bitrate is just suitable setting for watching videos on Android phones.
2. If your want to do some editing with your video such as cutting the part you don’t need, adding text/image/video watermark or adding the subtitle, just click the “Edit” button to do these work.
3. When BlackBerry Torch 9800 refuses to play a video, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Unsupported video format (e.g. *.mkv format)
- Unsupported codec (e.g. AC3)
- Huge file size (e.g. H.264 MP4 video of 10GB+)
- High resolution (e.g. 1080p video and above)
- Protections (e.g. Digital Copy movies)
4. To rip Blu-rays, DVDs and ISO/IFO to BlackBerry Torch 9800 supported formats, thi all-in-one package Video Converter Ultimate will be your best choice.
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $79.9, Save $27.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + Vidpie($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $64.9, Save $35.1