This step-by-step guide reveals how to transfer DVD ISO/IFO files to Nexus 5, new Nexus 7 and Nexus series for playback.
Google Nexus tablet owners rejoice! After making its debut with the brand new Nexus 5, the latest Android 4.4 KitKat update is heading out to your Google slate of choice, including last year’s Nexus 7, giving you a speed increase and some handy new features too. Like new Nexus 7 and other Nexus series, Google/LG Nexus 5 is also a great media player which supports a lot of media formats including files with MP4, H.264, H.263 as video format and MP3, WAV, eAAC+, AC3 as audio format.
Are you a DVD lover? If you have a large DVD ISO/IFO files collection, it should be such a cool thing to enjoy them on Nexus 5, new Nexus 7 and Nexus series anytime and anywhere. But how to make it? What should we do to transfer DVD ISO/IFO image files to Nexus 5, new Nexus 7 and Nexus series for playback?
You may find the ISO, IFO file does not work on the Nexus series. If you want to put DVD ISO/IFO files to Nexus 5, new Nexus 7 and Nexus series for playing, we need a good DVD ISO/IFO to Nexus converter to transcode DVD ISO/IFO to Nexus supported formats like H.264 MP4.
I usually use Pavtube DVDAid and would like to recommend it to all of you, a powerful and simple tool including DVD Ripper and ISO/IFO File Converter, which can rip latest DVD to Nexus 5 friendly playback format in few steps.
FYI: If you want to keep all the audio tracks (language) and soft subtitles, here’s another choice for you: Blu-ray/DVD ISO/IFO Converter Pro.
3 Steps to Rip DVD ISO/IFO image files to Nexus 5, new Nexus 7 and Nexus series support video format
Step 1. Run this Top DVD Ripper, as the DVD ISO/IFO to Nexus Converter.
Click “Load file” to choose Load IFO/IFO file. It will recognize the ISO/IFO image file automatically so that you will not have to run virtual drive to mount the ISO any more.
Step 2. Select Nexus 5, new Nexus 7 and Nexus series compatible format.
Find “Format” on the right of the window and click. Select Android > Google Nexus 7 H.264 Video(*.mp4) (Same as Nexus 5). It gives the best format: MP4 (H.264 & AAC).
Or you can choose a profile for general Android devices which is compatible with Google/LG Nexus 5 as well.
1. If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Remember the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means itrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss. According to my experience, for watching videos on the Nexus 5, 720p with 1500~2500kbps is just all right.
2. Or click “Edit” button to trim video into several segments by setting a specific output file size, append special effects, crop video screen area, add text/picture watermark.
Step 3. Start the DVD ISO/IFO conversion.
When everything is OK, just press the “Convert” button to start the DVD ISO/IFO to Nexus MP4 conversion. It will not take much time. Just wait for the conversion process to get done.
Note: Keep in mind that some of the settings can be tweaked to improve the video quality but it’s a balance between quality and size. Using the settings we suggested, a 120-minute Blu-ray encoded to about a 1.3GB MP4 file.
After the conversion, you can click “Open output folder” to quick locate the converted video.
If you are looking for a powerful all-in-one ultimate video converter software to convert various 1080p/720p videos, Blu-ray and DVD movies to your tablet or phone for enjoying, simultaneously saving time and effort, the Top Video Converter Ultimate program will be a nice choice for you.
- Samsung Devices: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0, Galaxy S4/S3, etc.
- Apple Devices: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad Mini, iPod 5, etc.
- Google Devices: Nexus 7 2nd Gen, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus, etc.
- Microsoft Devices: Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT, Surface Pro
- Asus Devices: Fonepad 7, Transformer Book T100, MeMO Pad Smart 10, MeMO Pad HD 7, MeMO Pad ME172V, Transformer Pad Infinity TF700(T), PadFone 2, Transformer Prime, Transformer Pad TF300, etc.
- Sony Devices: Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia S, Xperia SP, Tablet S, etc.
- Amazon Devices: Kindle Fire HD 7.0, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Fire
- Acer Devices: Iconia A3, Iconia W3, Iconia Tab A1, Iconia Tab B1, Iconia W700, Iconia W510, Iconia Tab A700, Iconia Tab A210, Iconia Tab A200, etc.
- Motorola Devices: Droid Mini, Moto X, Droid Ultra, Droid MAXX, DROID RAZR MAXX, Xoom 2, Xoom, etc.
- And BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP, Nokia, Vizio, Archos, Coby, Nabi, Nook, Kobo, etc.
Okay, everything is over. Do you want to try this DVD ISO/IFO to Nexus ripper? Don’t wait, just do it. If you want know more, please browse our website.